Hello and welcome to 1NR.
I hope you have had a wonderful summer and are ready to learn lots of exciting new skills in Year 1.
Things to remember:
- Our PE day is Tuesday. Please ensure your child has a full PE kit in school and that all clothing is labelled.
- It is important that your child reads 3 times a week and that this is recorded in their school diary in order to be eligible for pupil of the week.
- Home school reading books will be changed daily. Please encourage your child to put their reading book in the book changing box upon arrival at school.
- Your child’s reading diary will be signed on a Friday. Beat That and spelling scores will also be recorded on this day.
- Spellings take place on a Friday and your child will receive new spellings to practise each week.
- Beat That will take place on a Wednesday. Remember to practise your ‘Learn It’ facts.