I hope you have had a wonderful summer and are ready to learn in year two.
Year two is a very busy academic year which requires lots of hard work and trying your best.
This half term the topic is Ourselves, within this topic we will be looking at ourselves, our family, what we like/ dislike and how the wider community can be involved in our daily life. We will be covering different aspects of the curriculum over this topic.
- Book change will take place on a daily basis, please encourage your child to put their book in the book change box.
- Reading diaries are signed on a Friday. I will be checking which children have read 3 times per week and entering spelling and beat that scores on this day.
- Beat that takes place on a Thursday, the children will know their score on this day and it will be recorded in their diary by the end of the week.
- Spellings take place on a Friday and their scores will be recorded in the above manner.
- Our PE day is on a Monday and the children will require an indoor PE kit (until the Spring term). Please follow the school uniform policy in regards to PE kit.
- Our first year group assembly is on Thursday 13th October at 09.05am, which you are very welcome to attend.
- After half term KS1 will be leading the school Christmas play. Dates will be available nearer to the time.
If you have queries or questions at any point within the school year please do not hesitate to come and see me.
Miss L Sweetman