Our policy is that all children who attend Priory Lane Community School should wear clothing that is in keeping with a purposeful and positive learning ethos. We also believe that certain school activities are facilitated by specialised and appropriate clothing (including organised events outside normal school hours).
Please see the Uniform Policy (located in the Policies section) for full details of the expectations for all children.
It is also important that all uniform is named. As you will appreciate, a class set of identical jumpers are impossible to tell apart and return to the correct owner.
All children need:
- Royal blue sweatshirt/jumper/cardigan – these can be plain or with the school logo
- sweatshirts and cardigans with the school logo on are available from Shah’s on West Street
- Please note that ‘hoodies’ must NOT be worn in school
- Pale blue or white polo top or shirt
- Grey /black school trousers /skirt/pinafore dress
- Please note – no fashion trousers, jeans or legging
- Plain socks or tights – grey, white or black
- Flat, black sensible school shoes. Shoes are to be plain with no other colour or brand. Plain full black trainers with no obvious brand are acceptable. Children who have medical conditions associated with their feet may be allowed to wear alternative footwear. A note from a reputable practitioner should accompany such a request. This should be discussed with the headteacher
- Any child wearing unsuitable footwear will be asked to wear a pair of the school’s black plimsolls for the day, and we would expect them to come in black shoes for the next day
- During summer months, children may wear a royal blue gingham dress or black/grey shorts. Sandals of any sort are not acceptable footwear
- ‘Extreme’ haircuts are not allowed; this includes shaved patterns/lines, hair extensions or colouring
- Headbands and slides/grips should be small and plain
- Please ensure that any nail varnish/false nails make-up/temporary tattoos are removed before coming to school
For PE, all children need:
- Plain white t-shirt
- Black or navy plain PE shorts
- Plimsolls/trainers or bare feet for indoor PE
- Gym bag to keep these in at school
- During colder months, children may bring a plain tracksuit top or sweatshirt and jogging bottoms/tracksuit for outdoor PE
- PE Kit should be worn for After School sporting clubs. All PE kits should be free from any logo or brand name, apart from the school logo, but this is not a necessity.